Terms & Conditions
1. All materials and contents contained in this website, including but not limited to text, photographs, video, logos and other materials are the property of the Company and are protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. None of such material and content shall be copied, reproduced or modified.
2. This website may provide links to other websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). The Company could not warrant the accuracy of the information or statement stated in the Third Party Websites. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any damages which incurred by any of the content or statement stated in the Third Party Websites.
3. The Company has the right to remove any information that you have uploaded or saved to this website without prior notice.
4. Information provided in this website is for reference only. The Company makes no warranty, including but not limited to any warranty on or in relation to the following matters and shall not be responsible or liable for any losses incurred under all circumstances:
i. the accuracy of the contents contained therein;
ii. the stability or availability of this website;
iii. the services or products available from this website.
5. The Company shall not be liable for any losses which you have suffered or you may suffer as a result of your use or misuse of this website or your reliance of any information or content from this website.
6. You shall indemnify the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies any loss, including but not limited to legal costs and expenses incurred by your misuse of this websites.
7. The Company has the right to amend the terms and conditions herein and you shall be bound by such amendments.
8. This terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
9. If any part of these terms and conditions shall be deemed unlawful or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
10. If there is any conflict between the English and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
1. Areas shown for properties are not verified (except those marked ^) The areas marked with ^ are verified.
2. The property is offered subject to contract and availability. Interested parties should rely on their own inspection, measurement and verification and should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the information contained herein or provided by us in other situation, which are provided for reference only. Our Company has not taken any step to verify whether the information reflects the actual status of the property. No warranty for accuracy is given or implied by the owners or us.
3. There is no standardised or commonly adopted definition of any description of floor area in the market for non-residential properties.
4. If the permitted use stated on the relevant occupation permit is provided, such information relates to the permitted use at the date of the issuance of the occupation permit only. In the case where no occupation permit is issued, the permitted use cannot be verified by our company. Besides, the Government Grant and/or the Deed of Mutual Covenant may contain provisions restricting the use for specific purpose(s).
5. If the property has a cockloft or mezzanine floor but the relevant occupation permit does not reveal the same, the legality of the cockloft or mezzanine floor cannot be verified by our company. If there are unauthorised building works, the risks include but not limited to: the Government’s exercising its right of re-entry, safety problems, closure and bank’s refusal to finance the purchase.
6. Description, measurements, dimension, usage, areas, scale and data of the property set forth herein or provided in other situations are for general guidance only, such information is not warranted or guaranteed to be complete or correct. Interested parties should seek independent legal and/or professional advice regarding the information provided by our company (includes but not limited to the floor area, usage), client’s intended use, the legality of cockloft or mezzanine floor or building structure.
7. Description, measurements, dimension, usage, areas, scale and data of the property set forth in the floor plans are for general guidance only, such information is not warranted or guaranteed to be complete or correct.
8. Location plans are simplified and not drawn to scale and for reference only.
9. The photographs, images, drawings or sketches shown in this advertisement/promotional material represent an artist’s impression of the property concerned only. They are not drawn to scale and/or may have been edited and processed with computerized imaging techniques.
10. The Purchaser is advised to obtain and read thoroughly the latest version of sales brochure or sales information, floor plans, price lists and the Purchaser should directly contact the banks and finance Companies or the Developer (if the Developer provides mortgage plans to purchasers) to enquire the details of mortgage or loan before entering into preliminary sale and purchase agreement.
We pledge to comply with the obligations and requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). Our staff shall respect the confidentiality of all personal data collected and/or stored and/or used by us and endeavor to keep all the personal data safe in compliance with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance.
Personal Data Collection and Use
For the purpose of complying with the Laws of Hong Kong SAR (including the Estate Agents Ordinance and its subsidiary legislations and regulations) in the verification of the identity of both the vendor/landlord and the purchaser/tenant, the prevention of money laundering and in order to market properties and provide services or market information, perform registration and administration functions of Centaline Property Agency Limited, Centaline Mortgage Broker Limited, Centaline Wealth Management Limited, Centaline Finance Limited or Centaline Data Technology Ltd (collectively called “Centaline”), your personal data will be collected upon:
a. signing an estate agency agreement to appoint us as your estate agent;
b. signing a provisional sale and purchase agreement/tenancy agreement;
c. purchasing first hand property;
d. applying customer due diligence;
e. contacting us for enquiry or complaint;
f. participating in marketing and promotion activities, competitions, prize draws through us;
g. using our intermediary service;
h. using or visiting our website or mobile application.
If you refuse to provide the personal data, we have discretion not to provide services to you for the avoidance of breaching the relevant laws and regulations.
Types of Personal Data
The Personal Data we collect includes but not limited to the following:
a. your Chinese and English name
b. information for the verification of your identity, including identification documents copies and numbers
c. telephone number, email address etc
d. correspondence or billing address
e. addresses of other properties owned by you
f. audio and written records of your calls to us
g. your e-mail or letters sent to us
h. your account records, such as date of payment and transaction information
i. your preferences for particular property or service
j. your location installation identification number and location.
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
We will verify the data provided with generally accepted practices and guidelines in our industry which include verification on the name and identification number against the parties’ (both the vendor and the purchaser/the landlord and the tenant) identification document.
In accordance with the Laws of Hong Kong SAR, we will destroy the personal data after the retention for at least 5 years. The personal data will only be retained whenever necessary in satisfaction of any applicable laws and regulations requirements or contractual obligations or for the purpose of investigation, detection and prosecution of crime or with your consent.
Security of Personal Data
All your personal data will be restricted for access by our staff who need to contact you or provide service to you or in reasonable need.
Our electronic security system is designed on the account of the Ordinance’s requirements and your personal information will be maintained securely in our system.
Use of Personal Data
We may use and analyse your data for the following purposes including but not limited to:
• verifying your identity
• handling your enquiries and keeping you updated with the progress of your enquiries / information
• providing services to you and following up the services you have used
• providing assistance regarding your enquiries, including investigating and resolving problems arising from service quality and handling any enquiries concerning your bills and payments
• sending you the bills relating to the services provided by us
• responding to your enquiries or complaints in relation to our services
• keeping record for reference
• marketing and promoting of any of our services
• assisting us to prevent fraud and crime
• debt tracing, debt recovery (including the appointment of debt collection agents) and credit management
• contacting you whenever necessary
• disclosure as permitted or required by law
Disclosure and Distribution of Personal Data
All personal data held by us will be kept confidential but we may disclose your data to the following parties:
• Centaline Mortgage Broker Limited, Centaline Wealth Management Limited, Centaline Finance Limited & Centaline Data Technology Ltd
• developers (applicable in first hand property transactions)
• debt-collection agencies or debt-recovery organizations
• law-enforcement organizations, government departments, regulatory institutions, courts or as required by law
• professional consultants (including lawyers and auditors)
• other party of the transaction
Collecting Personal Data through Internet
We safeguard all information provided by you, however, given the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that there is “perfect security”. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from you during your browsing of our web sites. We will however make a record of your visit that shows only the Domain Name Server address, part of your e-mail address, and of the pages visited. We use such information only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our web sites.
Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “Cookies”. “Cookies” are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. The information collected by “cookies” is anonymous aggregated research data, and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. However, by disabling them, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website.
We may access the Users’ installation identification number to deliver the “Location-based Privileges” and related push notification of our respective branches through the Bluetooth of the Users’s mobile devices.
Once we have obtained your Personal Data through the internet, it will be maintained securely in our system and protected from the Internet by firewall. Only the authorized staff, who have been properly trained, will be permitted to access to such Personal Data, and we shall not release such Personal Data to any external parties except those parties set out in our [Personal Information Collection Statement] without your agreement.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
a. In accordance to the Ordinance and save from the exemptions specified in the Ordinance, you have the right to:
o check if we keep any personal data of you and request for a copy of the data
o require us to correct any inaccurate personal data of you
o access our policies and practices regarding personal data and be informed of the kinds of personal data held by us
b. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing of data access request
c. Requests for access to data, correction of data or for information regarding kinds of data held are to be addressed or faxed as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Centaline Property Agency Limited
5/F, Tower 1, New World Tower, 16-18 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong
Our Company intends to use your name, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and address for direct marketing estate agency service but we cannot so use your personal data without your consent.
Our Company intends to provide your name, telephone and the address of your transaction to investment & finance Company and mortgage broker company under Centaline group for purpose of direct marketing and/or providing investment, financial services or mortgage referral services but we cannot so provide your personal data without your consent.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information from us with respect to the estate agency and/or other categories of products/services mentioned above, or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your personal data for the aforesaid direct marketing purposes, please contact our Customer Service Hotline 28891383 or by post to the above address or by fax: 28694308 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org